Wednesday, January 1, 2020

 

Happy New Year! 2020 is going to be another great year in vanning, but aren't they all? Maybe it's time for a new look. At the 2019 Nationals in Greenfield Massachusetts, Matchstick and maybe a little bit of my help convinced artist Scott Fisk from Sudio669.net to attend. His Misfit cartoon had been out for a while, I was able to get a print and a decal at the 2014 Syracuse Nationals. He put together a very nice A100 cartoon in time for the Nationals. We spent some together in Greenfield and kept in regular contact. He did this new look logo up for me which kind of energized me. The Showvans website will be revived with features and event coverage. With the flurry of Facebook van pages, I realized and my friends have mentioned that something a bit more serious/substantial is needed, like what was done in the past with the features.  
In late November 2019 I decided to do another Showvans Calendar. That's about 3 months later than I've ever started before. In fact one year possibly 2012,the calendars were already delivered in late November. The proceeds from these calendars have enabled me to support van events on both side of the border. Once again I'll be able to do this and it will help me doing something special for Vanfest 25. I've been involved with Vanfest since about 1999 doing the website and some of the social media.
Vanfest 25 will be June 12-14 in Aylmer Ontario Canada. It's going to be a big one, many vanners will be there from all over North America, I've been putting out the welcome mat for this for quite a while now and planning some features that will make it even more special as I have in the past.


 
The 2020 Showvans calendar was a whirlwind project lasting less than a month from start to finish. There were a few glitches along the way, including the printer sending me just over 250 calendars when the order was for 350. So I came up short on some larger orders unfortunately. I'll hopefully get that straightened out very soon and be able order some extras on top of the original 350.

2 comments:

Douglas Hardy said...

Very exciting News!! Thank you for all you do!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.